Sunday, October 08, 2006

Start Slowly - Finish Strong!

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." This old Chinese proverb is my motto for change. When I look back at what I was eating 10 years ago, compared to what I am now eating, it's been more than a thousand mile trip - but never more than a step at a time. I was always the career woman who was totally incapable and over-challenged in the kitchen. My idea of great food was a basket of cheese fries followed by a chocolate shake. Now, I actually CRAVE collards, salads and creamed kale. Looking back, the journey was easy and wonderfully delicious….but I never would have believed it then. The best advice I have for people who truly want to improve their health through changing their eating habits, is to take it one step at a time. Don't even try going from take-out every night to raw/live foods every day of the week. Too big of a change is a recipe for disaster. My step-by-step plan for healthier eating can be read at www.veg4health.com. It's a great place to START! And starting the journey of a thousand miles is almost important as finishing it!

No comments: